3.2
Allergens Information
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

I started going back to Dennys again after about a 12 year period of boycotting them after having sent my burnt eggs back one morning, the cook continued to give me a murderous glare through the order window while I ate.Plus, terrible service, indifferent and incompetent wait staff.

Then about 8 years ago I went in to a Dennys because at the time there was no other alternative and I was hungry. I was very surprised to find that things had changed. I didn't have to wait very long for my order and the service had greatly improved. I started going to Dennys again on a regular basis and the service and food remained consistently good where ever I went.

But within the last year I am seeing a regression to earlier days. This morning Fri, 03/03/17, I went in to a Dennys (#8551) that I frequent @ I-17 and Dunlap in Phoenix AZ. and ordered their senior Scrambled Eggs and Chedder breakfast because I am a senior. This is what I usually order.

I was waited on by a young, overweight boy named Francisco. This menu Item came with scrambled eggs, your choice of bacon or sausage or both and pancakes. In a short time he brought the scrambled eggs and bacon and said that he would bring the pancakes in a minute. As I sat there waiting for the rest of my order I watched him wait on several other people, check someone out and go over and talk to what appeared to be friends of his for several minutes, while the plate pancakes sat in serving window, I could see them.

When he finally brought my pancakes I had already finished the eggs and sausage and the pancakes were cold. Before I was done eating my pancakes (cold pancakes) I asked him for my check as he was walking by. He offered no acknowledgement of having heard me, so I repeated it. He fairly barked at me "I heard you!" So at that point I just got up and walked over to the register to check out with a card.

I ran my card and when it said approved (no tip), I turned to walk out and he called out sarcastically "have a nice day". That was it, I lost it and turned and in a loud voice, a very loud voice, said, " yeah, thanks for the sarcasm and the f@$*ing lousy service". In summary, the food is very good, the service is very bad. P.S.

This hasn't been my only bad experience at Lennys, Oh, I mean Dennys, in the last year.There are soooooo many more choices of where to eat.

Review about: Dennys Restaurant Waiter.

I liked: Food and prices.

I didn't like: Customer service, Unfriendly rude server.

Had an Experience with Dennys Restaurant?

Comments