Featured Resolved

I an My Wife and Family and My Daughters Boy Friend we to Denny's for dinner.The Bill was over $60.00 for the 5 of us.

Well it took over 30 minutes for our food to come out, The Denny's personnel stated Oh sorry for the delay one of our cooks left early. That was no problem, it was when I checked out, I went to the register and showed my United States Marine Crop ID and then I gave the cashier my Check and then The 20% off coupon. They said oh no we can only take 1 coupon only, I said wait I only have one coupon, My Military is Military discount only it is not a coupon. They said yes it is a coupon.

I said I fought for your freedom and My Military ID is a Military ID and not a coupon. Let me tell you I had customers getting up from their tables coming up to the register and Cancelling their food orders and they are taking this up with the News Media. How dare you do a Veteran this way. On the coupon it does not say I can not use my Military ID along with a COUPON.

IT SAY ONE COUPON PER TABLE, PER VISIT Not Valid with any other coupon or Promotional Offers. NO WHERE DOES IT SAY I CAN NOT USE MY MILITARY ID. There is going to be a BIG DEAL GOING ON HERE from the way I was treated at this DENNY'S. Tonight the customers that heard and came up to the register is reporting this incident to the media, and I will also, I was really surprised at Denny's.

I can't believe this is the way that you treat Ex Military, and current Military this way. Boy My Daughters Boy Friend just flew in from Chicago and we went to Denny's. He said he will not be going to that Denny's again, Now he is here from Chicago for 3 days only to visit my Daughter, What an amazing experience it was. Well this was a wonderful evening, and I was so mistreated and Humiliated at your store # 8560.

Thank you for your time in this matter.Larry Pearson larrypearson01@outlook.com

Review about: Military Id And Coupon.

I didn't like: Poor experience paying bill, Had to wait till someone came to front to cash us out, Waited for an hour.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $60
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Dennys Restaurant?

Comments

Rosalind

Another person using their veteran status to get free/discounted things.Do you have no pride??

The discount is something they do out of kindness, it's not mandatory. You decided to join the military on your own behalf.

My bf is a veteran who would never demand a discount anywhere.He has pride for who he is and is a real man.

You were neither mistreated nor humiliated. You tried to double dip and they said no. Stop whining and man up.

Your military ID IS another form of promotional discount.Unless YOU think EVERYONE should give YOU a discount because YOU served.

Its NOT about mistreating a Veteran. It IS about YOU trying to stack promotions in order to PAY LESS!!! Then YOU become abusive to the poor worker!!! I guess YOUR military service some 20-30 years ago means MORE then the poor cashier and how THEY feel because of the ABUSE YOU directed at them due SOLELY to YOUR IGNORANCE!!!

YOU are just one of the reasons people just HATE to deal with Vets. Talk about SHEER IGNORANCE!!! We get it, YOU served but that doesnt mean that YOU deserve any more then ANY other citizen of these united states. People like YOU seem to think that just because YOU SERVED that somehow NEGATES the work that the people left behind HAD to do to keep America going.

Like the poor waitress who has to bust their rump for the measely $3 tip YOU leave. Or the poor mechanic who had to stay late and miss their family because people like YOU demand extra services.

While your service is appreciated, it DOES NOT give YOU any pass in todays society.The self-entitlment that some Vets show really just makes you wonder if they REALLY think that highly of themselves.

Roger Akroyd

Boo hoo, you didn't get to use a coupon on top of your military discount.You're the one who decided to make it be about your military service, they just said you can't have two discounts at once, which is perfectly reasonable.

Whiners who complain about not getting enough free stuff from businesses that already operate on a thin margin?

And then take their outrage out on some minimum wage cashier?I fought for YOUR freedom, and I'm telling you to STFU.

Manassas, Virginia, United States #1296478

If this were my website, over half of the commentators here, especially this stup1d little twerp MakeMyDay, would be banned!

Ben
Dallas, Texas, United States #1292959

It is known as stacking savings.

I can use my AARP card, OR a 20% off coupon, but not both.

Same as the OP, you can use one or the other, whichever provides the bigger savings, but not both.

It has nothing to do with any Business being Anti- Military or against Senior citizens.

MakeMyDay2016
Fullerton, California, United States #1288451

I was not banned from any site, but you were for preying on kids.

to MakeMyDay2016 #1288543

Nice try loser but I have never been banned from any site! I have, in fact, been a moderator on two different consumer complaint sites though! Both of which you visited.

MakeMyDay2016
to Anonymous Fullerton, California, United States #1288733

Stop lying kid, I am not your boyfriend Kevin and you were banned for preying on kids sicko.

to MakeMyDay2016 #1289685

Oh knock if off Kevin.Everyone at this site knows you have severe mental issues.

Knowing this, I should probably just ignore you, except it really p*sses me off to see you bully innocent letter writers on here, who have no idea what a spiteful, lying nasty piece of S**T you are.GET STUFFED!